At Ergonomics and Aerosol Technology the research is about the interaction between people and their surrounding environment and what that means for the design of technology, technological systems and organizations. This field is often called human-technology systems.
For the division this is about participating in and designing environments for the good of people based on the United Nations’ Global Goals. The research is carried out in workplaces and in other settings where people reside in their daily lives. The division pursue in-depth research in LTH’s world-leading laboratories for aerosol technology, thermal environment and visualization. The research also demonstrates considerable breadth in the ability to see the bigger picture and go beyond the boundaries of disciplines.
Research centers and platforms
Ergonomics and Aerosol Technology are often included in larger contexts as part of extensive and complex studies. Examples are the divions' coordination of and participation in the establishment of several research centres and networks, which you can learn more about on their own websites:
- Aerosols – LTH Profile Area
- Centre for Work Environment and Leadership (In Swedish)
- CAST – Consortium for Aerosol Science and Technology at Lund University
- CHIE – Centre for Healthy Indoor Environments
- eHealth@LU – Joining Forces for Sustainable eHealth Development
- MERGE – ModElling the Regional and Global Earth System
- Metalund – Centre for Medicine and Technology for Working Life and Society
- NanoLund – Centre for Nanoscience at Lund University